Feeling under the weather?
If you have a scheduled dental appointment and are sick, have a fever, cough, runny nose or sore throat, please call to reschedule it for when it you are feeling better. For the safety of you, our other patients and staff, it might be preferable for you to stay home, rest and take care of yourself.
The following are some ways to prevent getting others sick:
- Cover your cough and wash your hands.
- Use tissues to cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Keep your hands clean! Use alcohol-based hand gel or wash your hands after sneezing or coughing.
- Be sure you are free of fever for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medicine before visiting our practice.
The following are some ways keep your mouth healthy if you are not feeling well:
- Brush your teeth to keep your teeth clean and bad bacteria away.
- Replace your toothbrush following cold or illness.
- Store your toothbrush upright and uncovered to air dry.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Sanitize your bite guard or retainer with an antiseptic mouthwash.
- Choose sugar-free cough drops.
If you are feeling sick, please contact our office to determine if we can see you or if you need to reschedule your appointment without a cancellation fee. We appreciate your help in making our office healthier for you and all of our patients and staff. We hope you feel better soon.
~Dentistry of the Carolinas